Last week in Feb

So my apologies for not writing much last week, it was a busy busy week. But it was a good busy so I can’t really complain. Sunday night was a dinner with the qtip crew. I couldn’t believe that I was calling a 4 o’clock gathering dinner but I was and it was a lot of fun.

I thought for sure that I would be wanting to eat something later in the night, but there was so much food that I think I was still full at 9pm. I just love this group. Very seldom is it that I have to talk about my job which is nice. What they do ask me about when it comes to the job, is how things are going being the boss and what am I going to do when my boss returns.

I wish that I had an answer for that, I think that this has been an amazing experience and out of it I know that I am gaining the balls to actually be a director. Just not sure that I am quite there yet. I guess that if I didn’t like my coworkers, or my social life I would probably be using this as a jump start into something else. But when I got in the jeep to head home and realized just how fortunate I was to have such amazing people in my life I kinda tabled the idea of pushing forward.

Once of the things that I realized about even thinking about leaving is that when I left NY for this job, I was coming in at ground level. I could be the goofy dork and make fun of people and do stupid shit in order to make friends. The fact that I was coming home to an empty apartment didn’t really matter. But one of the things that I have learned in the last few months is that it is lonely at the top.

That when you are not partnered and you have a bad day there really isn’t anyone to make the day better for you except you. This can be tiresome day in and day out. So if I were to leave OSU, I wouldn’t necessarily be able to be the goofball. I would have to go in as the leader and funny leaders are not always seen with the best of intentions.

At the end of the end of the day in order to leave, I think that it would have to be my dream job, I would have to be partnered and I would have to know what my support system was going to look like. I am not ready for that kind of change just yet.

Knee update – well as of last Sunday it could still be a partial tear of the meniscus, but the doctor and I decided to wait it out and see if it gets better before going in for the MRI! Today it feels pretty decent but yesterday it was pretty sore. I guess that only time will tell – going to try the elliptical out tomorrow so that should be interesting.

Monday through Wednesday last week were full of the same old same. Meetings and whatnot – nothing was too out of the blue. Thursday we had our football meeting and that was the first time that I actually had to speak up in the meeting. It was interesting, but I enjoyed it – hope to not have to do it again – lol! It was funny most of the time when I go into those meetings my hair is down and I feel more professional but seeing that we had a wind storm right before the meeting I had my hair pulled back in a ponytail. Well in a way it was kinda like I had my security blanket hat on. Felt like I was back coaching and doing the things where I always felt secure.

After the meeting the girls and I went to lunch – I really do love being able to still do things like this even though I am “the boss”. The fact that they don’t mind me going makes me really happy! We went to Applebee’s for lunch and I had the won ton tacos! Ya they were delish!

I got out a little early and came home to prepare for mom and dad’s arrival. They were passing through on their way to Kel’s. It was nice to see them even if it was just for short period of time. As you can see from the picture mom was a little cold while riding in the jeep. We had to take the jeep because they were brining so much shit to Kel and Justin’s that there wasn’t enough room for all of us in their big ass car!

Right before they arrived I received an email from one of the individuals I report to asking me to put together a slew of reports. When I asked her the timeline she said ASAP. Well ASAP to me means that I don’t want that shit hanging over my head. I knew that I was going to get as much of it done before I left the office on Friday.

After breakfast with mom and dad I ran in had a few meetings and then got right to work on the this project. It took me about 6 hours but I completed it and emailed it off. I was so excited to get an email late Friday night that just said “WOW!!! thanks for much for knocking this out so quickly – have a good weekend” GAME…SET…MATCH!

In addition to getting this email I also had one of my staffers who has always given me a hard time, come in and tell me that he felt I had been making some great decisions lately and that even though some of them he had doubted at first he now understood why I made them. WHAT REALLY?? That totally took me by surprise. I wasn’t surprised that he thought my decisions were bad – but that he had the balls to come in tell me he thought that they were bad but now understands why I did what I did! YEP PROGRESS right – unfortunately though the skeptic in me wonders if he is just patronizing me in order to get something that he wants!

I wonder why I am single – don’t trust too many people!! lol!!

OK well this has been a long enough post. I will write more later telling you about my weekend. It was fairly uneventful but there were a few highlights!

I hope that you have all had a great week and are staying warm! I am so over this damn winter!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: